You can enter #DigitalTech2017 by downloading the category specific application form and emailing it the Heather once complete. Be sure to read the application notes so you don't miss out on any vital details for your entry. Good luck!
Unlike many other business competitions, entry to the Digital Technology Awards is free of charge.
All application forms should be received no later than 5pm on Friday 24th February 2017 and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The shortlisted applicants will be announced Thursday 23rd March 2017.
Filming of shortlisted companies will be taking place week commencing Monday 27th March so please ensure you are available that week for filming.
The 2017 Judging Panel will be released soon.
#DigitalTech2017 Categories and entry forms
- Best B2B Technology Product/Service sponsored by Head Resourcing - Entry Form
- Innovative, disruptive products and services lie at the heart of the most successful technology businesses. We are looking to recognise the very best achievements in harnessing the power of digital to secure clear market success. The winner could be an established company that has successfully changed its business model to gain major advantage over the competition, or a newer specialist venture with a product that it has used to disrupt established B2B markets.
- Best B2C Technology Product/Service - Entry Form
- Technology-savvy consumers have created huge market opportunities for those swift-of-foot businesses that understand how to attract and sell to individuals using the wealth of new digital channels that are now available. The judges will want to understand the strategy behind the creation and growth of a successful consumer product or service – and to know where it is headed long-term.
- International Technology Star - Entry Form
- The judges are looking for a great story of how a global market has been penetrated by a Scottish company to the point where a minimum 50% of its revenues come from overseas. They will want to see evidence of a truly internationally-minded management team focused on global adoption of its product or service.
- Best Financial Services Product/Service sponsored by Avaloq - Entry Form
- This category can be entered by both in-house IT departments and by SMEs selling into the financial services sector in Scotland and further afield. We are looking for exciting, far-reaching technology-based solutions to some of the big challenges facing an industry which has been on the back foot for the past few years – solutions that fundamentally improve customer service and or business performance.
- Best Public Sector Product/Service - Entry Form
- This category is open to government departments and agencies including health, education, enterprise and ‘blue-light’ services as well as charities/not-for-profit organisations – and the companies that supply these markets. Judges will be looking for evidence of how innovative technology solutions have been used to revolutionise and streamline delivery of essential public services to their end-users.
- Best Education Provider/Training Programme, sponsored by administrate - Entry Form
- Great people make great businesses. Identifying and maximising the skills abundant in your business can galvanise action and accelerate growth. Education and training are fundamental to this approach. We are looking for the inspirational, practical and effective education and training solutions which have made this happen.
- Transformational Innovation Through Data, sponsored by The Data Lab - Entry Form
- Innovative uses of data and analytics can drive significant transformation for organisations, ranging from improved business performance or operations through to driving new solutions and capabilities. This award is to recognise teams or individuals who have used Data to innovate and transform their business, their client relationships or the services and products they deliver to market.
- Outstanding Marketing Performance in a Tech Company - Entry Form
- Briefly describe the overall aims and objectives of your campaign or strategy and describe how this was executed and what made it stand out from the crowd. You should be able to show from ROI and to state, with figures, how your campaign met objectives and was deemed as a success.
- Investment Deal of the Year - Entry Form
- This new award will recognise the company that accomplished the best investment deal or exit to realise value for investors, including public flotations. Size and valuation of the deal are not necessarily the most important criteria, rather the judges will look for a company efficiently using external finance to deliver its strategic aims – including acquisitions.
- CEO of the Year - Entry Form
- Growing a technology company takes ambition, vision, market insight and spades of hard work. We are looking to find the CEO / MD who has the proven leadership skills to inspire their team and the dogged determination to grow their business even when the going gets tough.We will be looking for the agency which has brought genuine flair and imagination to their client’s brief. The judges will be looking for original thinking, impressive execution and – above all – clear results from a project or commission. Client testimonials will be particularly important in this category.
- Digital Agency of the Year sponsored by Search Consultancy - Entry Form
- We will be looking for the agency which has brought genuine flair and imagination to their client’s brief. The judges will be looking for original thinking, impressive execution and – above all – clear results from a project or commission. Client testimonials will be particularly important in this category.
- Digital Tech Business of the Year (Large - sponsored by EY, Small-Medium sponsored by Cathcart Associates and Emerging) - Entry Form
- Our top awards will go to the businesses that most impress the judges with their commercial and financial success. The business will be demonstrably well-managed, produce outstanding technology products or services – and above all has outstanding long-term growth potential.
Large Company = 101 + staff
Small – Medium = Less than 100 staff
Emerging = Less than 4 years of age
Companies can straddle more than one category; if you are a young company (under 4 years) but have 102 staff you will be entered in both the Emerging and Small – Medium categories.
Remember: Email Heather with your entry form and any supporting information before 5pm on Friday 24th Feb for your chance to win!
A very big thank you to our #DigitalTech2017 Sponsors: