Thu 18 Jan 2018 10:00 - 16:00
Are you a cutting-edge App developer? Would you like the chance to develop the interface for the next generation of digital ticketing for public transport, including the Tyne and Wear Metro?
Digital Catapult NETV has partnered with Nexus and ITSO Ltd (a non-profit organisation which sets technical and interoperability standards for UK smart ticketing) and is offering £50,000 worth of commercial opportunities to an app developer.
The ITSO aim is to maintain and develop the ITSO specification for transport smartcards and create new and exciting ticketing options. It is currently working with a ‘global digital disruptor’ to bring host card emulation (HCE) to the UK. This would allow mobile devices to replicate a ‘smart ticket’, and Nexus and ITSO are looking to engage with organisations who can innovate and help bring the concept to market.
To fully exploit the opportunity Nexus is looking to ‘wrap’ the ITSO interface into a single App which offers bus and Metro passengers a full ‘customer experience’. This will include:
1. The interface with the customer/passenger user including the retail opportunity to purchase a ticket.
2. Be able to interface to an API to read and store tickets (a virtual Pop card) on the phone or other device including ability to show balances, set auto top up etc.
3. Replicate the current functionality of Nexus, Metro and Pop apps.
4. Display real time journey planning and include notifications about the journey (including disruptions and behavioural predictions).
5. Push product and marketing information.
6. Create an opportunity to feedback in real time to Nexus on performance and capture customer satisfaction
7. Allow co-promotion with local businesses to run geographically based incentives
8. Link to social media sites for service and marketing updates
9. Ability to interact with future developments such as the new train fleet
What’s the process?
Companies are welcome to come along to the full day workshop on 18 January 2018 to find out more information about the challenge and work alongside ITSO, the global disruptor and Nexus to understand their requirements. On the 26 January 2018 companies are invited to choose a 30 minute pitching slot to pitch their solutions to the judging panel made up of decision makers from Nexus and ITSO. A written proposal to support the pitch will also be required following the pitch.
What’s in it for you?
If you are interested in this opportunity, register to attend the workshop here! If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact email@example.comMORE INFORMATION
Scotland's trade body for the digital technologies industryJoin Us
Driving engagement across different sectors enabling Scotland, the industry and your business to grow.
Securing the talent of the future for the digital technologies industry is a priority for ScotlandIS.
ScotlandIS has influence and connections within the industry in Scotland, the Scottish Government and the public sector. The positive work we do has implications for every business in the sector.
Market intelligence, insight and connections to develop business opportunities and skills within your business.