Bringing together Scotland’s frontrunners in new cyber solutions with investors and industry buyers.
This unique, innovation-focused programme culminates in an investor showcase event, where participants will have the opportunity to pitch in front of Scottish and UK investors.
Applicants should be Cyber Security start-ups founded or headquartered in Scotland that are building their own products or services, seeking investment or seeking to grow their organisations. The scope includes all companies identifying as cyber security, digital security (including compliance and governance) and online safety technology.
12 successful applicants will be selected to take part in the programme.
24th November 2022, Edinburgh
What is the Cyber Showcase programme?
The programme will include the following:
- A series of online and in-person training and information sessions focused on pitching, investment readiness and public speaking. These will be interactive sessions, run individually and in small groups to ensure quality tailored training and insights
- An opportunity to practice and perfect your pitch in front of experts before the showcase event
- An opportunity to pitch in front of Scottish and UK investors and potential partners from across industry
What is the Cyber Showcase event?
A one-day investor showcase event will take place on November 24th in Edinburgh. Each company will be given 3 minutes to pitch followed by 7 minutes Q&A led by a panel of investors.
Only successful applicants that have participated in the overall programme will be eligible to pitch on the day. Failure to attend sufficient elements of the programme and to have practiced the pitch sufficiently in advance could rule you out from participating on the day. ScotlandIS will work closely with each company to ensure this situation is avoided if possible.
What are the benefits of participating in this programme?
Participating companies will benefit as follows:
- Exposure to investors from across the UK
- Raising profile and brand of your company (the event will be promoted across the UK via our partners)
- Potentially finding prospective enterprise partners
- Building your network in the investment community
- Training and advice on perfecting your pitch as well as guidance on handling tricky Q&A etc
Details of the programme
The full programme schedule is still being assembled. Some details have been provided below but these may vary slightly once the full programme is confirmed:
- The programme will run primarily online
- There will be weekly sessions typically for 2-3 hours across 6 weeks
- One session will be held in-person, which will be a half-day public speaking workshop
- There will also be an in-person Cyber Runway event on November 23rd which we would recommend all participants to attend. 1-1 coaching on your pitch will be provided on this day so it is a great chance to do a dry run of the pitch
Sessions already confirmed:
- Pitching insights from Scottish Edge and AI Accelerator
- Public speaking workshop
- Handling QA
- 1 to 1 coaching on your pitch
Apply to the programme
Applications have now closed.
Read the full list of selected participating companies here.
If you have any queries or want to know more about the Cyber Showcase programme, contact email@example.com.