CodeClan, Scotland’s award-winning digital skills academy, today announced the launch of its immersive Data Analysis course, and invites prospective students and employers to join them on this new venture that will accelerate data innovation across Scotland.
The course has been developed in response to the growing demand for data professionals to help propel organisations across Scotland towards economic growth. It offers a unique opportunity for career changers to develop sought-after skills, and for organisations to upskill their existing employees into data-focused roles.
The course, starting in June, has been modelled on the success of CodeClan’s award-winning and fully-accredited Professional Software Development (PSD) course. Since October 2015, the PSD course has seen over 600 individuals graduate with career changing web and software development skills, and 490 have gone into work within organisations across multiple business sectors. The new Data Analysis course will give its graduates the ability to lead data-driven decision making and to gain skills that will help turbo charge organisational growth.
CodeClan’s ceo, Melinda Matthews-Clarkson said: “Data analysis is transforming organisations across Scotland. Whether you work in management, marketing, product development, operations or customer services, data is now fundamental to the success of businesses. We’ve developed this course in response to demand from industry and in collaboration with data science experts including The Data Lab and Effini. It covers all the foundational skills required to work effectively with data across all business sectors.
“Data analysis is in high demand and employers are crying out for talent. We need to up-skill faster in order to respond to the growing demand for skills and the speed at which demand is growing. With the rise in automation, over 46% of jobs in Scotland (1.2 million*) are at threat. If we can retrain and upskill people with new data analysis skills to prevent redundancy we have a win-win situation.”
Who will benefit from attending the course?
- Professionals already working with data, who need to be become more effective at manipulating, cleaning, segmenting, reporting and visualising data to produce actionable outcomes
- Employers who want to retrain existing employees, increase productivity, retain institutional intelligence and avoid redundancies
- Career changers who want to future proof their career with a valuable new set of skills
Gillian Docherty, ceo at The Data Lab added: “Data innovation is becoming a must in all industry sectors. Scotland is recognised for its strong and cohesive data community; skills and talent development is an important part of that. Ensuring data literacy to respond to industry demand is a team effort, which is why it’s fantastic to see courses like this emerge and further support Scottish industry to access the talent they need to support their data initiatives.”
The course offers skills outcomes including:
- Skills, knowledge and best practices to become a professional Data Analyst
- Consolidating, presenting and modelling data
- Communicating information that drives business decisions and actions
- Understanding forecasting, competitor analysis and probability
- Telling a story through the visualisation of data
- Working with real-world datasets and problems
- Career transition support
The course offers employers access to a pipeline of talent and opens up opportunities for graduates, by facilitating access to jobs across multiple sectors. Those interested are encouraged to register their interest here.