- DASA has launched a new Themed Competition: Reducing Cyber Risk Across Defence
- Funding provided by the Cyber Resilience Programme (CRP) in Defence Digital, a part of Strategic Command
- Up to £880k is available (excluding VAT)
- This competition is looking to fund up to 5 proposals
- Additional funding for further phases to increase TRL may be available
The Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA) is pleased to launch a new Themed Competition Reducing Cyber Risk Across Defence. Cyber attacks are becoming more sophisticated, with potentially more impact on military operations. This Themed Competition seeks proposals that will help to quantify and reduce the cyber risk across Defence, enhance digital resilience and enable Defence to be secure by default.
The risk of cyber attack is amongst the highest that is managed by the Defence Board and it requires a collective response to address it. Becoming cyber resilient is the first challenging milestone. Remaining resilient will require constant appraisal of our adversaries and ourselves. We are not alone in developing and exploiting technologies and will need to work together across industry, Government, Allies and Partners to maximise our collective capabilities.
The Cyber Resilience Programme seeks to address the need to build a cyber resilient Defence, in accordance with the Cyber Resilience Strategy for Defence, and comprises four themes:
- Awareness, Behaviour and Culture
- Resilient by Design
- Secure Digital Foundations
- Cyber Vulnerability Fixes
This competition is part of a broader suite of activity undertaken by the Cyber Resilience Programme that engages industry, academia, partners and allies, to build military capabilities with inherent resilience.
This competition seeks:
- novel tools that strengthen digital resilience across defence
- novel approaches that enable security by default
- novel ways to quantify Operational Technology risk
This competition is interested in support innovation projects that will deliver outputs at Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 6 – technology model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment.
Challenge 1: Digital Resilience
This competition is seeking innovative ways to strengthen digital resilience across Defence.
Challenge 2: Secure by Default
This competition is seeking to develop capability to enable Secure by Default approaches to be implemented in the future, for Defence and its industry partners. We are looking for research activities that will investigate tools and approaches which support the implementation of a Secure by Default approach.
Challenge 3: Quantifying Operational Technology Risk
This competition is seeking innovative ways to quantify OT cyber risk across Defence. Proposals need to be able to work in an operational environment or in some way take operational scenarios into account.
Key Dates and Funding
- Up to £880k is available for this competition, and DASA expects to fund up to 5 proposals.
- Submission deadline: midday on Tuesday 31 October 2023
Do you have a novel approach that could help reduce cyber risk across Defence? Read the full competition document and submit a proposal.