This one day course will introduce accessibility design thinking and how to design usable and accessible experiences for everyone. We will discuss removing barriers that inhibit access to digital services for
This one day course will introduce accessibility design thinking and how to design usable and accessible experiences for everyone.
We will discuss removing barriers that inhibit access to digital services for people with disabilities, and we will cover how accessibility is achieved through content and design.
This is a practical course for designers, front-end developers and content authors. We will show you how to comply with WCAG 2.1 and what you need to consider when creating accessible digital experiences.
Choose this course if you are interested in…
- Understanding the importance of and need for accessibility
- Learning how disabled people use digital services
- Learning more about accessibility standards and guidelines such as the W3C guidelines for web content (WCAG 2.1 AA)
- Finding accessible solutions to interface design challenges
- Creating inclusive design patterns
- Communicating accessible design requirements to developers
- Learning how to test your designs for accessibility
What to expect on the day
Our training includes lots of examples of good practice in inclusive design. You will walk away with concrete takeaways as how to apply this to your own designs. Throughout the day, you will get the opportunity to work individually and within teams to solve design problems by applying what you have learned.
Our course will cover:
- Introduction to web accessibility with demonstrations of assistive technology
- Benefits of digital style guidelines and how to embed accessibility into them
- How to convey accessibility considerations in your designs to developers
- Accessibility guidelines on topics such as:
- Colour and colour contrast
- Page structure
- Font style and size
- Navigation and identification
- Visible focus
- Form controls
You will receive a print-out of all training materials and course activities. There is no exam in this course but all successful participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the day.
The following cancellation policy applies to all bookings made:
- 30 days or more before training – full refund or attend a future course date
- 15-29 days prior to training – 50% refund
- 7-14 days prior to training – 25% refund
- 6 days or less prior to training – no refund
You are most welcome to send a substitute for the originally booked delegate at any time by notifying us of their details. User Vision reserves the right to cancel all or parts of the course if an insufficient number of people register for the course.
(Wednesday) 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
55 North Castle Street, Edinburgh EH2 3QA
User VisionUser Vision is Scotland’s leading usability and accessibility consultancy providing services such as usability testing expert evaluations web accessibility evaluations and testing information architecture testing and user needs assessment. Our focus is on improving usability of the web site or system to help clients gain the competitive advantage of improved ease of use. Improved usability and accessibility provides increased online conversions faster development processes and more satisfied customers. Our clients include Dell computers Royal Bank of Scotland the DTI Scottish Widows Intelligent Finance Pfizer Scottish Enterprise the Office of the E-envoy and many other leading companies and organisations. User Vision, 55 North Castle Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3qQA