ScotlandIS, with Cyber Runway, are holding a two day event aimed at supporting and developing the most innovative Scottish cyber start-ups. Cyber Runway is the UK’s largest cybersecurity accelerator that’s being
ScotlandIS, with Cyber Runway, are holding a two day event aimed at supporting and developing the most innovative Scottish cyber start-ups.
Cyber Runway is the UK’s largest cybersecurity accelerator that’s being delivered by Plexal, Deloitte, CyLon and the Centre for Secure Information Technologies and is backed by the UK government. We’re hosting an event in Scotland to bring the community closer together. Please register to join us for networking, insights and a chance to hear from and connect with leading innovators from the ecosystem.
This event is aimed at Cybersecurity startups, SMEs and entrepreneurs based in Scotland. The event will run over two days but it does not need to be the same person from the organisation who attends both days. We aim to group the days in certain themes to minimise the time commitment from startups.
Day 1 will be held at Chamber East in Dundee. Our speakers will cover a broad variety of topics including PR, Investment, branding and pitching and will also look at cross sector influences with the aim of providing insights and advice relevant to start-ups. We are delighted to announce that the day will end with a visit to the Cyber Quarter.
Day 2 will be held at the Technology Innovation Centre in Glasgow and will offer cyber start-ups the opportunity to speak with companies such as CGI, Cisco, Deloitte as well as a focus on internationalisation with speakers from DIT and SDI. There will be plenty of time for engaged discussions and networking throughout the day.
Follow these links to sign up for each day of the event:
A sample of some of the speakers and topics arranged:
- Cyber: who’s buying? – Stephen Wray, Partner, Deloitte Cyber
- Cyber Sector Analysis 2022 – Sam Donaldson, Director, Perspective Economics
- Andrea McLeish, Senior International Manager, Scottish Development International
- Four Strategic Principles: how to create clarity, alignment and focus in your strategy – Joe Trodden, Founder of C-Zero Ventures
- Beyond Games: The past, present and future of Scotland’s interactive industries – Brian Baglow, Director, Scottish Games Network
- Pitching your Business – Steven Hamill, COO, Scottish Edge
- Investment: What, Why, Who, How – Neal Allan, Director, HNH
- Route to market – Matt Little, CEO of Blue Ocean Insight
- A panel with Cisco and others to discuss how companies find their next cyber partner.
- Insights from Dundee based company Waracle from their CEO, Chris Martin
february 8 (Tuesday) - 9 (Wednesday) GMT