It’s widely acknowledged that the Digital Skills Gap is widening and is impacting on firms across every sector of the Scottish economy. In this briefing we’ll look at how our Digital
It’s widely acknowledged that the Digital Skills Gap is widening and is impacting on firms across every sector of the Scottish economy.
In this briefing we’ll look at how our Digital Graduate Apprenticeships are filling critical skills gaps in Data Science and Software Development and are making an impact with employers across the country.
The session also features Skills Development Scotland, who will give an overview of the key findings from the recently published ‘Digital Economy Skills Action Plan’, and how apprenticeships are important in developing digital talent.
There’s also the chance to hear directly from one of our employer partners, Sainsbury’s Bank, as they share some insight on how Graduate Apprentices have made an impact in the business.
- Welcome and Graduate Apprenticeship overview – Jen Henderson (Head of Talent Partnerships, Heriot-Watt)
- Digital Economy Skills Action Plan – Claire Gillespie, Skills Development Scotland
- An Employer’s Perspective from Sainsbury’s Bank – including insight form a Graduate Apprentice
- Audience Q&A
A little bit more on Graduate Apprenticeships
• Applicants must live and work in Scotland and can qualify for entry based on both academic qualifications and relevant work experience
• All programme fees are fully funded for the duration of the programme (subject to eligibility) with no course fees to pay for apprentices or employers
• Graduate Apprenticeships offer a unique combination of 80% work-based learning and 20% academic learning
• Open to new recruits and existing employees, designed by industry for industry
(Tuesday) 9:00 am - 10:30 am
GRID at Heriot-Watt
First Gait Currie
Heriot-Watt University Campus The Avenue, Edinburgh EH14 4AS