Data was at the heart of the public sector's response to the pandemic, as it collected and used data in new ways, often at pace, to meet unexpected challenges. We must
Data was at the heart of the public sector’s response to the pandemic, as it collected and used data in new ways, often at pace, to meet unexpected challenges.
We must now maintain this positive momentum, whilst determining which of these new measures remain suitable and what the future of data protection will look like following Schrems II and Brexit.
The 2021 edition of Holyrood Connect’s highly successful Data Protection series is your opportunity to join our experts, share experiences and learn about the latest developments and best practice from across the globe.
- Elizabeth Denham, Information Commissioner, ICO
- Mairead Wood, Head of DPO Share Service, HEFESTIS
- Andy Grayland, CISO, Scottish Local Government Digital Office
- Richmond Davies, Head of Information Governance and Data Protection Officer,
Public Health Scotland
- Kenneth Meechan, Head of Information and Data Protection Officer, Glasgow City
- Anna Drozd, Interim Head of Office, UK Law Societies Brussels Office
- Learn everything you need to know about data breaches, from resilience and
response through to recovery
- Discover how your organisation can build data protection into your organisation and
the services you deliver at a foundational level
- Take stock of the current state of public sector data protection and whether
organisations need to undergo a period of data demobilisation
- From certification to codes of conduct, we’ll discuss priorities for ensuring the data
protection profession can evolve and remain at the cutting edge
- Review the ICO’s post-COVID updates to the Data Sharing Code of Practice and
what these might mean for Scotland’s public sector
- Finally, with a new information commissioner taking office and questions over
Schrems ll and Brexit, we’ll look at the future of data protection
The agenda is updated regularly, so please visit the website to see the latest line-up.
october 6 (Wednesday) - 7 (Thursday) BST