This webinar offers practical insights and guidance to understand the opportunities available by providing work placements and the benefits of doing so to your organisation and your people. It’s ideal
This webinar offers practical insights and guidance to understand the opportunities available by providing work placements and the benefits of doing so to your organisation and your people. It’s ideal if you’re considering supporting young people, or if you already do so in any way.
Many thousands of work placements are required each year for young people across the region; this webinar will help you to help them by equipping you with advice, guidance and a best practice toolkit. Our goal is to help you deliver meaningful work placements that offer the best value to both the young person and your business.
Who should attend
This workshop is designed to support organisations who would like to find out how to get involved and provide meaningful experiences for young people, as well as individuals who currently supervise and manage work placements and work experience opportunities within their organisations.
The webinar is open to all digital economy employers in the North East. This includes organisations working in the technology sector, as well as employers in other sectors with a need for digital and technology skills.
It is relevant to digital economy employers of all sizes, from SMEs to larger organisations.
- The benefits of work placements for young people, for employers, and for employees involved in delivering / supporting them
- The types of work placement and experiences available, and the flexibility employers have in delivering them
- Analysis of what makes a great work placement for all parties
- The importance of setting and managing the expectations of all parties
- What’s involved, how to approach it, and the support available from Developing the Young Workforce (DYW) and schools/colleges
- Discussion of what young people are wanting, and group thinking on what attendees and their organisations can offer
- The resources, help and support available
- Next steps
This webinar is brought to you by Skills Development Scotland in partnership with Developing the Young Workforce (DYW) North East, Aberdeen City and Shire Councils, and Opportunity North East to help employers get involved in supporting young people.
Click the ‘Learn More’ link below now to register.
(Thursday) 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm BST