Our Certified Practitioner for Usability and UX Foundation (CPUX-F) training and certification exam is ideal for learning how to apply user-centred design (UCD) and UX to design successful products. Developed in
Our Certified Practitioner for Usability and UX Foundation (CPUX-F) training and certification exam is ideal for learning how to apply user-centred design (UCD) and UX to design successful products.
Developed in association with the International Usability and User Experience Qualification Board (UXQB), this comprehensive training and qualification exam leads to the internationally recognised CPUX-F qualification, which is independently assessed/certified by International Software Quality Institute (iSQI).
Following the user-centred design process of International Standard ISO 9241:200, the training covers best practice from user research through to solution design and evaluation with plenty of opportunities to apply practical UX skills taught during the course.
What will I learn?
The first two days of training cover the fundamentals of usability and user experience including:
- How to apply user-centred design principles and guidelines from the earliest stages of user needs research through to final evaluation
- Understanding and defining the context of use: procedures for analysis, user observation, interviews, developing personas, scenarios, customer journey maps, and identifying user groups
- How to gather and specify user needs and requirements including designing for accessibility
- Information architecture analysis techniques for effective navigation design
- Designing solutions: interface design guidelines, creating prototypes, dialogue principles, accessibility and best practice in error messaging
- Usability testing and other evaluation methods: a step-by-step approach to preparing and running usability tests, applying heuristic evaluations and designing insightful surveys
- Integrating UX with agile development and Lean UX techniques
On the third day we conduct a ‘crash course’ in the morning then review the materials from the first two days to prepare for the exam. There are no exercises but rather a focus on the most important topics, discussing key questions and conducting a mock exam. Then in the afternoon we hold the certification exam for the CPUX-F qualification.
march 23 (Monday) - 25 (Wednesday)
55 North Castle Street, Edinburgh EH2 3QA
User VisionUser Vision is Scotland’s leading usability and accessibility consultancy providing services such as usability testing expert evaluations web accessibility evaluations and testing information architecture testing and user needs assessment. Our focus is on improving usability of the web site or system to help clients gain the competitive advantage of improved ease of use. Improved usability and accessibility provides increased online conversions faster development processes and more satisfied customers. Our clients include Dell computers Royal Bank of Scotland the DTI Scottish Widows Intelligent Finance Pfizer Scottish Enterprise the Office of the E-envoy and many other leading companies and organisations. User Vision, 55 North Castle Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3qQA