What does net zero mean for small business? In this webinar, we talk you through the practical info you
- Understand what Net Zero means
- How you can get started on your journey to Net Zero
- Understand why small businesses are the solution & leave with practical guidance on what you need to know as a business owner
Everyone is talking about carbon reduction and environmental challenges, but there is little guidance out there for small business owners.
99% of the UK economy is a small business with less than 49 employees. Over 5 million (96%) of these have less than 9. These small businesses are the backbone of the economy, but no-one out there is helping them get started.
Much of the current guidance is jargon heavy and written by public sector organisations. As business owners, you have limited time and resources to understand it all and wade through long, heavy PDFs to learn what you need to do.
At this short webinar, we’ll be cutting through the noise to give you some simple steps to get started on your journey to running a more sustainable, net-zero friendly company.
Net Zero targets and associated terminology has been thrown around a lot. However, no-one has really explained what this means for small businesses or where they can get started.
Small99 is on a mission to give owners like you practical guidance on achieving net zero.
We have just 9 years to halve global emissions to avoid 2 degrees of warming.
9 years globally sounds terrifying, but as a small business owner you’re in the perfect position to lead the charge. Reducing your emissions by 50% in 9 years is more than achievable because you have the power and control in your business.
We’re going to talk you through how.
We’ll be talking to environmental and business experts to understand just what net zero means in practical terms for you as a small business owner.
We’ll be clearing up the jargon often thrown around and explain what it practically means to you and your business.
- 3 x 10 minute talks or presentations with our Guest Speakers
- 30 – 60 Minutes Q+A – Have your questions answered by our experts
You’ll leave with:
- Clear steps you can take that day to reduce your footprint.
- A framework to help you understand the impact of your business activity, and the practical changes and decisions you can make
- Resources to help you make changes faster and easier.
This event is perfect if you:
- Don’t know where to start with net zero
- Want to run a more environmentally friendly business – for any reason!
- Are considering becoming a B-Corp in the next few years
(Tuesday) 10:00 am - 11:30 am BST