At ScotlandIS we believe that Scotland has the potential to be the country known for innovation, for an ethical approach to data, an integrated approach to public services. We are agile enough to be able to seize this opportunity but big enough to make a real impact and to show the world how it’s done.
Scotland has the opportunity to become a Digital Nation, a true Digital Democracy.
As the voice of the industry, we’re in a unique position to lead and facilitate this, join the team and help make this vision a reality.
Cyber Development Lead
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Linlithgow (currently remote)
Note: This post is for an initial period of one year.
Apply with CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated individual to join ScotlandIS to support the continued development of the cyber security cluster in Scotland. ScotlandIS manages the cyber cluster for Scotland which is an expert community with around 300 members. The cluster works with partners in industry and academia, identifies business and funding opportunities for the cluster and holds sector focussed events.
As part of the next stages in cluster development, ScotlandIS is looking for an experienced Cyber resource to work with us to:
- Develop a process and forum to facilitate better and ongoing industry and academic collaboration within the cyber security community.
- Investigate the opportunity around establishing a security thought leadership group which explores ways of ensuring Scotland is a leader in specific specialisms within cyber security e.g. in digital identify or digital inclusivity for example. The role also involves the setting up and creating of this leadership group.
- Work on the identification of early stage cyber sub-clusters e.g. online safety tech, blockchain, space, AI. Creation of mapping of these clusters and advise on recommended strategy for these tech clusters
- Working closely with the Head of ScotlandIS Cyber on further associated cluster activities.
ScotlandIS wish to recruit a Cyber Security Development Lead to develop, deliver and manage the objectives. The post, which is for an initial period of one year, reports to our Head of ScotlandIS Cyber and will join the team virtually and at our Linlithgow offices (when appropriate).
This is an exciting role for someone with a passion for, and expertise in cyber security and associated areas.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of the cyber security industry, strong communication, relationship and business development skills and an understanding of programme and project management. An understanding of cyber provision across tertiary education would be an advantage.
Salary will be in the range of £28 – £30,000 per annum, for an initial period of one year. ScotlandIS is an equal opportunities employer.
Experience & Skills
- Expertise and knowledge of cyber security industry and ecosystem
- Understanding of cyber offerings in tertiary education
- Business development experience
- Stakeholder and relationship management
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Project or programme management experience
- Comprehensive understanding of project & programme management lifecycles.
- Influencing & negotiating skills
- Team building skills
Certification in recognised project management methodology, or equivalent experience.