At ScotlandIS we believe that Scotland has the potential to be the country known for innovation, for an ethical approach to data, an integrated approach to public services. We are agile enough to be able to seize this opportunity but big enough to make a real impact and to show the world how it’s done.
Scotland has the opportunity to become a Digital Nation, a true Digital Democracy.
As the voice of the industry, we’re in a unique position to lead and facilitate this, join the team and help make this vision a reality.
Business Support Assistant
Hours: Monday – Friday, 09.00 – 17.00
Start Date: June 2022
Apply with your CV and covering letter telling us why you think you’re perfect for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the company
At ScotlandIS we believe that Scotland has the potential to be the country known for innovation, for an ethical approach to data, and an integrated approach to public services. We are agile enough to be able to seize this opportunity but big enough to make a real impact and to show the world how it’s done.
As the voice of the industry, we’re in a unique position to lead and facilitate this, currently we have an opening for a Business Support Assistant who would provide support across several departments.
About the role
The successful applicant will provide an administration support service to staff across several areas of the business, predominantly this will be support for the CEO, but other areas will include supporting other teams/functions within the business.
We are a fast paced organisation with several functions and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to upskill in all areas of the business including membership, research and policy, events, marketing and our cyber and data clusters.
This role will on occasion require you to work with confidential and sensitive information while effectively managing competing demands for your time.
As part of our team, you will bring energy, enthusiasm, excellent communication skills, resilience and a can-do attitude that inspires people into action.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Taking minutes at meetings
- Assisting with all admin functions on our project-based work
- Supporting the team when necessary
- Managing the telephones
- Greeting customers and guests into the office
- Managing company correspondence, including, emails, letters and packages
- Organising meetings, scheduling appointments for the CEO
- Performing data entry roles, including updating records and CRM system
- Managing inventory of office supplies, including stationery and multimedia equipment to ensure smooth office operations
- General administration duties
- To be a first aider and act as a fire warden onsite
In order to be considered you will have the following skills, experience and abilities:
- Exceptional time management skills
- Presentation skills and customer services knowledge
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience in a related role such as Office Assistant, Receptionist or other relevant position
- Knowledge of computer programs used in daily office administration functions such as Microsoft office
- Ability to manage business correspondence and handle confidential information
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and an aptitude for helping other people
- At least two years of experience in administrative or clerical roles
- Active listening skills
- Strong organisational skills to plan, prioritise and execute duties
- Strong interpersonal skills and the flexibility to adapt to changing work demands
ScotlandIS is the membership and cluster management organisation for Scotland’s digital technologies industry. We’re at the heart of the digital economy, shaping, changing and driving it forward.