Department of International Trade (DIT) Scotland are running an Export Cyber Trade Mission Opportunity to South Korea.
The trade mission will run from Monday 6th February to Thursday 9th February and spaces are strictly limited, so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you would like to join this trade delegation. Louisa will also be able to answer any questions you may have regarding this mission.
What will the Mission Cover?
The Mission will provide participating cyber security companies with an opportunity to:
- Explore the Korean ecosystem in depth and understand the resources available to support their expansion to Korea
- Meet with a tailored selection of potential business partners and customers
- Present their cyber security solution at an industry seminar in front of an audience of relevant Korean business representatives
- Develop relationships and commercial opportunities with Korean corporates
- Network with UK entrepreneurs established in the market
- Engage with policymakers to understand how bilateral trade agreements can benefit their business
- Participation in all activities and hotel accommodation for the duration of the mission (four nights) will be provided free of charge.
- Companies will need to cover the cost of their flights themselves.
Why South Korea?
South Korea is one of the most connected and technologically advanced economies in the world. With ever expanding device connectivity also comes an increasing need for cybersecurity measures. In fact, despite boasting one of the fastest digital infrastructures globally, aspects of Korea’s IT infrastructure haven proven vulnerable to cyber-attacks.
As both the government and private industry are looking to heighten their security protocols in light of these vulnerabilities, the local market for cyber security solutions is showing strong growth potential. According to the lasted figures published by Korea’s Ministry of Science and ICT, the Korean cyber security market grew at a compound annual growth rate of 12% in 2020, reaching $3.3 bn. This growth trend is expected to continue, making it an opportune time for British cyber security companies to expand to Korea.
Who is this mission for?
This trade mission is designed for export-ready cyber security companies with an interest in the South Korean market. Particular areas of opportunity are:
- Threat intelligence, monitoring, detection and analysis
- Incident response and management
- Network, endpoint, mobile and Internet of Things security
- Information risk assessment and management
- SCADA and information control systems
- Identification, authentication and access control
The trade mission is happening very soon (6th – 9th Feb) and spaces are strictly limited, so please contact email@example.com as soon as possible.