25nov4:00 pm5:20 pmAI of the Possible: Developing Scotland's AI Strategy
Join Democratic Society and our panel speakers as we discuss the development of Scotland’s AI Strategy. Chat bots, driverless cars, Alexa - what do they all have in common? They all
Join Democratic Society and our panel speakers as we discuss the development of Scotland’s AI Strategy.
Chat bots, driverless cars, Alexa – what do they all have in common? They all use artificial intelligence (AI)!
AI will have an impact on the way we live, work, and play. This is precisely why the Scottish Government is committed to developing an AI Strategy that helps realise Scotland’s potential as a tech hub whilst meeting the goals of the National Performance Framework, whereby Scotland continues to be a successful country where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive.
Join Democratic Society and our panel speakers on Wednesday, 25th November, 4pm-5.20pm GMT on Zoom to learn more about Scotland’s AI Strategy. There will also be space in this event for you to take part, ask questions and share your thoughts about the future of AI in Scotland.
This event will bring together each of the different leads in government, public engagement and working groups who are part of developing Scotland’s AI Strategy to share their experience, reflect on opportunities and challenges that arose, and answer questions from the public.
Here’s what you can expect:
1. Introduction to Scotland’s AI Strategy (what are we talking about?)
2. Engagement activities using Mentimeter
3. Four panel speakers who will share with you their work on Scotland’s AI Strategy and where we are at in Scotland:
- Albert King, Scottish Government from ‘Join the Dots’ Working Group.
- John Fotheringham, Scottish Government on the Consultation work.
- Jennifer Russell, Anderson Solutions on the Working Groups.
- Namita Kambli, Democratic Society on the Public Engagement work.
4. Discussions between panel speakers using questions captured from you!
The event will explore some key questions such as:
- A sneak peek of interesting themes that have come out of Scotland’s AI Strategy so far
- Exploration of people’s visions for the future of AI in Scotland. What does this mean?
- What could AI for public good look like? What are some of the key challenges and opportunities?
- How do we avoid a tokenistic Strategy? What are the next steps that need to happen?
- What is your vision for ethical AI in Scotland?
We encourage you bring a hot drink of your choice to the event (optional) – this is a technique we learnt from DeepR to help build trust, human connection and warmth online.
What do you want to know about AI in Scotland? Please ask us some questions when you register and we will use your response to build the session!
(Wednesday) 4:00 pm - 5:20 pm